Friday, October 20, 2006

Mets lose! Theeeeeeeeeeee Mets lose!

Watching the Mets lose last night probably marks the last chance I have of feeling any kind of satisfaction from a baseball game for the rest of the year. It also probably helped that I was completely off the reservation for the duration of that game (just because the blog is titled "off the reservation" don't think I'll hesitate to use that phrase as I damn well please). Spent part of the night at this bar McGovern's in Newark. Yes, Newark. Believe it or not, this bar is a pretty good time. Definitely in the "dive" category, but it does have a free dart board and a beer pong table which is always a plus. Also, somehow, it's only white people. I don't quite understand how that's possible in Newark, but apparently it is.

I will give the Mets credit for a gutsy series considering their complete lack of pitching due to injuries. Oliver Perez pitched pretty well, but what hurt the Mets most in Game 7 was their complete lack of trust in Wagner who was stuck in the bullpen in the ninth inning. This of course left Aaron Heilman in to get posterized by Yadier Molina. Not like Billy Wagner did anything to inspire trust after some downright awful performances in key situations this year. Why don't you do everyone a favor and drop the "Enter Sandman" bit already, Billy. Also, who the fuck goes by the name "Billy" after their 12th birthday? Apparently Billy Beane and Billy Wagner do.

Of course, if Endy Chavez doesn't make that RIDICULOUS catch, none of this may have mattered anyway. That was undoubtedly the best play of this post-season, and certainly the best defensive play in the post-season I've seen in quite some time. The only thing that has impressed me more than that catch was the upgrade that Alex in Laguna Beach made from Rocky to unbelievably hot Lexi in about 150 seconds. I couldn't believe the stunning amount of balls it took to dump Rocky, then at the same party, not more than 5 minutes later, get Lexi's phone number. Then, in next week's episode we see that Alex calls Rocky a slut? Kudos and huzzah to you good sir. If I were a complete douchebag, I might make a "Real Men of Genius" about you. As it is, you receive a "Tip of the Cap."

Speaking of last night, it's never really a good idea to mix double digit drink totals with "Jamaican Beef Patties." Trust me on this one, folks. I wasn't even sure what the hell a Jamaican Beef Patty was before last night, but I was coaxed into ordering two by my friend Michael. Basically, the only way to describe it is a sloppy joe in a fried hot pocket. Not surprisingly, I enjoyed it. At the time. Now I want to eat a whole box of "Super Colon Blow" cereal. Also, I didn't go to class today. Hooray, Responsibility! Hooray, Beer!

I guess we're doing a weekly drink tally thing now so after last night, and last night alone I'm at 14 drinks (9 beers - Yuengling, one shot/pull/chug of Jim Beam, and 4 vodka frescas, and for disclosure's sake, one pack of P-Funks). That's right, Fresca. Don't judge me.

5 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

Well, technically, we're doing a beer tally, not a drink tally. I have no interest in amount of drinks people do in an evening.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

Who the hell goes by the name of 'Chubbs' after their 10th birthday?

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Chubbs said...

Touche.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger David L. Bickel said...

oh... so we're not getting an update on the duel?

it's pronounced early lead in duel fantasy bickel.

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous kash said...

i support the vodka fresca. i also like that it appears haberman reads this everyday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home