Sunday, November 05, 2006

Borat

I don't want to ruin the movie in any way for people who haven't seen it so I'll make my review extremely general. First, this movie is as good as billed. I don't think it exceeded my expectations in any way, but that's because the expectations I had for this movie were so high. Absolutely hilarious movie. It is by far the most over the top movie I've ever seen and actually enjoyed. I'd be surprised if Sacha Baron Cohen wasn't physically assaulted numerous times while filming this movie. He never breaks character in some absolutely awkward and threatening situations. Also, there is some full on male nudity, and believe it or not, it provides for the funniest scene in the movie hands down. I nearly cried three times during the movie. I plan on seeing it again in theatres so I can get a better gauge on rewatchability.

I must also say that I think I enjoyed the promotional campaign that Borat went on almost as much as the movie. His stops on Letterman, the Daily Show, and Conan (posted below) were absolutely hilarious. Apparently Cohen is going to be doing another movie soon, this time as the character Bruno, the gay fashionista. I'm in.



2 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Sarah Haberman said...

And Borat is talking in Hebrew the entire time. Obviously, I found that incredibly amusing.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous beutj said...

yeah...i was almost crying from laughing so hard during the nude hotel wrestling scene. funniest thing i've seen in a very long time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home