Wednesday, December 13, 2006

NFL: Part 2

Rookie of the Year:
Reggie Bush - In a rookie class that has had more immediate impact stars than any other (Devin Hester, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Marques Colston), Reggie Bush has been the one constant threat from the start of the year to the finish. I was watching some of the Saints first game at Slugger's in Chicago and caught some of the Saints game, and right away Reggie Bush was catching passes, picking up third downs, and drawing double teams. Though his stats aren't as impressive as Colston's, Colston rarely drew even the team's second best cornerback, and it's not exactly like the Saints offense has been powerless without him. Reggie has been there all year, and though his numbers are not spectacular - no other rookie has made such an impact.

4 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Mr. Intensity said...

This blog being back is truly amazing and is a blessing in my life. ANTHONY- I am going to be in Chicago for about 2 weeks around Christmas, and if I get more of this no returning my text messages, not hanging out shit, I am going to be pissed. Hell, it kind of hurts my feelings. I thought we had some real moments in the bathtub last year with the brandy and bubble bath.

Oh, anyway. Yeah, I LOVE Reggie Bush. But...i think if Colston doesn't get hurt, it's all his. And VY could get it- think about it- if he brings them like 2 more wins in a row, it's his.

I wholeheartedly echo Bickel's statements about the rookie class. WE HAVEN'T EVEN MENTIONED LEINART YET! Think about it! Colston. Bush. Addai. Jones-Drew. Maroney. Leinart. VY. DeMeco Ryans. . . Pierre Woods...oh wait. But yeah, this rookie class is SICK so far. SICK. Cutler...yeah, jurie's still out. He could be good, too, though.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Mr. Intensity said...

I'm a second year law student, and I misspelled "jury." That's...not a promising sign.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Anthony said...

Colston would have won for sure if he hadn't gotten injured. But, I still say it was Bush all along. Statistically, he's not phenomenally impressive, but when you watch a Saints game, look at the defense shift his direction, look who they go to on 3rd and 2 either with a pass or a run. It's been that way all year; they just run the offense through him. And VY hasn't exactly been a statistical dynamo this year. But, you can't really make a wrong decision with this class. And where are the comments on my MVP list?

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i may put more thoughts on here now, but am i the only one shocked that bush's longest run this year is 18 yards?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home