Thursday, October 19, 2006

Beer and Bar reviews:

1st: A quick gripe about Sam Adams. I consider myself an unabashed Samuel Adams fan. I like the Boston Lager, the Black Lager, the Summer Ale, all their Seasonal stuff, and they might have a better Ocktoberfest than any German company. It's a phenomenal brewery jam packed with great tasting brews. However, last night at the bar I tried a Sam Adams Light. I am nothing if not a shill for advertising, and all of those commercials proclaiming it to have won non-light beer awards really had me hooked. So I purchase a bottle because the bar (The Full Shilling ) did not have the normal lager on tap. Sadly, it tasted extremely light. All the overwhelming floral flavor of the normal Sam Adams is sapped. It tastes like a light beer. I don't get it. Don't purchase this beer, just by the normally delicious flavors of Sam Adams.

2nd: I went to the Full Shilling with a co-worker, because we had just lost a fairly significant client at our company, and he was pretty down. At the bar, we bought a Table Tapper of PBR for for ten dollars (roughly 3 pints a piece), then I had my S.A. Light, and three Budweisers. So again, that's another 7 beers on top of the previous 6. So, my beer Tally for the week is: 13. And keep in mind I didn't drink on Monday.

3rd: The St. Louis Cardinals lost. I don't want to talk about it.

4th: The Full Shilling, which is well renowned for its thicker waitstaff, threw a better curveball than we'll see from Jeff Suppan tonight. Our bartender was inexplicably smoking hot.

Lastly: During about the 7th inning of a game, a homeless man came in and bought a vodka tonic with a bunch of singles. Part of it was really sad, because he probably saved up a lot of cash all day just to have a drink in a bar like a normal guy, instead of spending the same amount of money on a pint of Skohl. So, it was kind of touching, like Andy Dufresne getting the bottles of beer in Shawshank Redemption. However, he also reeked so strongly of poop that my manager and I had to go to the entire other side of the pub and drink at the other end of the bar.

So, that's something.

- Anthony

3 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didnt like this piece that much. The homeless guy story was really sad, like really really sad.
This is not why i come to offthereservation.blogspot.com.

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u have me by uh... 13.

but i think i have you on most downtown chicago alleys passed out in...

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Mr. Intensity said...

i had 8 more last night

 

Post a Comment

<< Home